It’s been quite a while since I’ve taken a break from my usual fashion posts here, so today I wanted to take a moment to share some personal tidbits about me and my life with all my new (and old) readers! Special thanks to my blogger-friend Daily Kongfidence (@dailykongfidence on Instagram — go follow her if you aren’t already; she’s a sweetheart!) for inspiring me to do this! You’re the best <3
So… let’s get started with 10 things that you may not (or may already) know about me. My older readers will probably know some of these already 😉 Hopefully this will encourage everyone to embrace their quirks and be open to sharing fun facts about themselves!
Photo by David Potter
- Sheep are my favorite animals. When I first say this to anyone in person, many end up looking at me with confusion in their eyes and ask me why. As silly as it sounds, they’re just so cute, soft, and woolly… I feel I could just run my fingers through their wool for days! My love for them actually inspired the name of my blog, “Style Lullaby.” When I think of sheep, I think of sleeping peacefully… and sweet lullabies. And of course, this blog is mostly about my personal style… so together the two makes Style Lullaby!
- I am a proud reptile mommy to a Chinese water dragon named Babadook Potter. He’s sorta Insta-famous. Well, for a lizard. Follow him if you aren’t already… promise you he won’t bore ya 😉
- Purple is my favorite color. My eyes immediately gravitate towards all things purple, especially in the lavender shade…
- Nobody can ever tell what my ethnicity is. To solve the mystery… I am half Singaporean, half Chinese. My mom is Singaporean and my dad is Chinese. Does that make me a hapa? A cool one?!
- I don’t like the taste of coffee or energy drinks. I steer clear away from both, no matter how tired I am.
- I have never smoked anything, touched a single cigarette, or done any drugs in my entire life. I also don’t like drinking. Call me a crazy straightedge but I’m pretty proud of it actually!
- Being late gives me anxiety. Living in LA, I’ve definitely learned to allot anywhere from 1-2 hours to get anywhere within the city because of traffic and other factors like parking. Getting somewhere early gives me great satisfaction and a sense of responsibility.
- I am an introverted extrovert. I socialize best in small groups or one-on-ones, and get clammy and nervous in large groups. I don’t like crowds or big parties. Deep, meaningful conversations with good people, though, I LOVE!
- I don’t have a workout routine. I hate running and cardio. I do, however, love sleeping… pretty sure age will be catching up to me soon, though. I’ve been trying to convince myself to at least get back into Pop Physique or do some ab and leg workouts at home, but it hasn’t happened yet. I haven’t been good about working out at all this year so far! 🙁
- If I wear flats or flip flops around you, then we must be pretty close friends. I am totally a heels kind of girl by default — nothing beats the feeling of sophistication that comes with wearing a good pair of heels!
What are some cool things about yourself that others may not know? I’d love to hear them!